|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman and Middle Saxon to medieval finds|
Metal-detecting has recovered a Roman brooch, a Late Saxon or medieval bell and a medieval buckle. Metal-detecting in 2011 recovered a Middle Saxon cross brooch.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 71 21|
|Parish:||GRIMSTON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
THE SOILMARK PREVIOUSLY RECORDED HERE IS NOW RECORDED UNDER NHER 63004.
October 1995. Metal-detecting finds. Finds from across field. .
?Late Saxon bell and medieval metal finds.
See list in file with grid reference.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 27 November 1995.
Before 24 January 2011. Metal-detecting.
Middle Saxon cross brooch.
See description in file.
A. Rogerson (HES), 14 June 2011. Amended by A. Beckham (HES), 13 November 2017.
September-October 2017. Metal-detecting. Site extended to the whole field. .
KLMD102017 - PAS details to follow.
A. Beckham (HES), 13 November 2017.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BROOCH (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- BELL (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- BELL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Photograph: 1995. LCH 19-20, Romano British plate brooch.. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...