|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval postmill|
According to the village sign a postmill stood here from 1675-1902. It was last used in 1900 and was sold and removed in August 1902.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 1852 9023|
|Parish:||WACTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of wind mill (post mill).
According to village sign, stood here from 1675-1902.
However not on (S1), located from (S2).
E. Rose (NAU) 12 October 1979.
Last used in 1900; for sale and to be removed in August 1902.
E. Rose (NAU), 24 March 1982.
(The adjacent house, despite its traditional plan, was rebuilt from the foundations around 1980 utilising second hand timbers.)
E. Rose (NLA) 2 August 2004.
- WINDMILL (17th Century to Early 20th Century - 1675 AD to 1902 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
|<S2>||Map: Wright, R.J.. 1840. Wacton tithe map.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...