|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period metal finds|
Metal detecting in 1978 recovered four Roman brooches, a Roman pin and disc, and a medieval seal.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 94 84|
|Parish:||BRIDGHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1978. Metal detecting 'next to cress field'.
Medieval seal, sub circular, central handle, single loop for suspension. Height 25mm.
Device: capital I bordered by palm branch on each side.
Four Roman brooches of 1st to 3rd century dates; decorative bronze pin and convex bronze disc in form of face mask.
S. Margeson (NCM) 2 August 1979.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- MASK (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- PIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- SEAL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...