|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval mill|
According to a map of 1797 a postmill stood at this location. Further documentary research showed that this mill was last operated in 1868, but no visible remains survive.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9604 0703|
|Parish:||SHIPDHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
North of Mill Hill Plantation and Mill Road. Site of wind mill.
Marked on (S1).
E. Rose (NAU) 11 September 1979.
A post mill, last used 1868.
E. Rose (NAU) 23 March 1982.
- WINDMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
Related records - none
Find out more...