|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval windmill|
According to a map of 1797 this was the site of a windmill. Further research shows that the mill was last used in 1854 and taken down in 1858.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 866 840|
|Parish:||THETFORD, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Site of wind mill.
Marked on Faden's map of 1797 (S1).
E. Rose (NAU) 10 September 1979.
Post mill, last used in 1854, taken down in 1858.
E. Rose (NAU), 23 March 1982.
- WINDMILL (18th Century to 19th Century - 1797 AD? to 1858 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
Related records - none
Find out more...