|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of two post medieval windmills, Mill Farm|
The site of two post medieval windmills that are marked on Faden's map of 1797. The mills were last used in 1854.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6691 1575|
|Parish:||MIDDLETON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Two wind mills marked here on (S1).
E. Rose (NAU) 31 May 1979.
 is stated by owners to have found the posts of the two post mills here about 1979; but at time of visit only one possible post found, used as gatepost, and large block of erratic stone such as sometimes used as mill supports.
Visited by E. Rose (NAU), 16 June 1981.
 states the owners misunderstood him; he did not find the posts. The mills were last used in 1854 and there is some possibility that at one time they were moved nearer the East Winch road.
E. Rose (NAU) 23 March 1982.
- POST MILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WINDMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
Related records - none
Find out more...