|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval windmill|
This is the site of a windmill, shown on Ogilby's map of 1675 and on Faden's map of 1797. The site of the mill is preserved in a round field, and the miller's cottage is still standing.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6981 2217|
|Parish:||GRIMSTON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of wind mill marked on (S1).
E. Rose (NAU) 31 May 1979.
18 September 1979. Site visited by E. Rose (NAU)
The round field which is the mill site survives, now surrounded by woods.
The derelict millers cottage remains.
First marked on (S2).
A post mill.
E. Rose (NAU) 4 February 1982.
- WINDMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
|<S2>||Publication: Ogilby. 1675. Roadbook. pl.74. |
Related records - none
Find out more...