|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of St Andrew's Church, South Pickenham|
It is recorded that the parish valuations of AD 1254 and 1291 mention a St Andrew's church in the parish of South Pickenham, separate from the present church of All Saints. No location is known for St Andrew's Church.
Images - none
|Parish:||SOUTH PICKENHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Exact site unknown.
According to informant the valuations of AD 1254 and 1291 mention a St Andrew's church here as separate from All Saints' (the present church).
Compiled by E. Rose (NAU), 15 May 1979.
Extract from (S1) in file.
- CHURCH (Medieval - 1066 AD? to 1539 AD?)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Batcock, N. 1991. The Ruined and Disused Churches of Norfolk. East Anglian Archaeology. No 51. Microfiche 5:G12. No 204; p 54. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...