|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Hall Common Farmhouse|
A two storey thatched brick farmhouse dating to about 1700. It has a two storey cross wing with dormer attic to the rear and a single storey service wing to the right.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 3898 1754|
|Parish:||LUDHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
House. Latter half of 17th century.
Brick, shaped gables; two storeys, three bays; string course.
Thatched rear extension.
Seen by E. Rose (NAU), 16 March 1979.
Listing 1986 Grade II (S1) as Hall Common Farm House. About 1700.
Whole house is thatched.
Central original doorcase with blocked window each side; sashes at ends of façade. Internal gable stacks.
Rear crosswing of two storeys and dormers on brick plinth.
Single storey service wing to right with burnt brick headers.
E. Rose (NAU), 3 November 1986.
Illustration from (S2) in file.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 604. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. |
|<S2>||Publication: Messent, C. J. W. 1928. The Old Cottages and Farm-houses of Norfolk. p 25. |
Related records - none
Find out more...