|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Metal detecting recovered a Middle Saxon strap fitting, tweezers, pin and a Late Saxon Viking Urnes style zoomorphic mount.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 71 36|
|Parish:||SEDGEFORD, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
November 1978. Found with metal detector.
Bronze or gilt strap hook, punched ring decoration.
Middle Saxon bronze tweezers with expanded terminal to jaws, decorated with punched rings.
Also a late Viking Urnes style bronze openwork mount depicting an animal in form of P, discovered on same site.
Further details in file.
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon to Late Saxon - 411 AD to 1065 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- PIN (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- TWEEZERS (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- DRESS COMPONENT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Article in serial: Owen, O. and Trett, R. 1980. A Viking Urnes Style Mount from Sedgeford. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XXXVII Pt III pp 353-355. |
Related records - none
Find out more...