|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||The Meadows, Chequers Lane|
This 17th century house has a timber frame but was much altered in mock-Tudor fashion in 1935. A section of plaster from the south room records the history of the property from 1872-1935 with decorators’ signatures. A visit to the property in 1977 showed that it had been carefully restored.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 1886 9300|
|Parish:||THARSTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
House, 17th century timber framed, much altered in mock-Tudor fashion in 1935.
Section of plasterboard previously in south room has history of property (wheelwright and carpenter's shop) from 1872 to 1935 with decorators' signatures.
Listed Grade II.
Norfolk Archaeological Research Group survey, 3 September 1977.
See file for further details. Well restored.
E. Rose (NAU) 4 October 1979.
Newspaper cutting in file (S1).
- HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1600 AD to 2050 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (Post Medieval to Modern - 1600 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 16 January. |
Related records - none
Find out more...