|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Fragments of pottery dating from the Roman to the post medieval periods and post medieval nails and tiles found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 2054 9371|
|Parish:||LONG STRATTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Spring 1978. On ploughed surface in spread.
Roman coarse ware including flanged bowl sherd, and greyware.
Thetford-type ware jar rim.
13th to 15th century sherds including Grimston green glazed.
16th to 17th century stoneware.
1 17th century lead glazed earthenware sherd, 2 nails, 2 tile fragments, 4 rims and 4 sherds (2 glazed), 13th to 15th century.
- FINDSPOT (Roman to Post Medieval - 43 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- NAIL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...