|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Medieval coin and multi-period pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking here in 1978 recovered several medieval and post medieval pottery sherds, a piece of Late Saxon Thetford Ware and a silver medieval penny.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 34 13|
|Parish:||WOODBASTWICK, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
July 1978. Large field (2 on Ordnance Survey) walked by A. Rogerson (NAU) and T. Loader (NAU) under good conditions.
Thin spread of medieval and post medieval sherds, slightly higher concentration along west side of road on east, centred on .
At  (surveyed exactly) a silver penny of one of the Edwards, long cross, found.
Also one rim Thetford-type ware.
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: TG 3413A-E. |
Related records - none
Find out more...