|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Ivy Farm Cottages|
This long flint and brick building was originally a single house but has been split into three cottages. It was built in the 16th or 17th century. Inside there is a masonry chimneypiece depicting the Prince of Wales' feathers. There are several original doors and frames.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2655 3921|
|Parish:||SIDESTRAND, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
March 1978. Visit. 
Long building, apparently originally a 17th century house, now three cottages. Flint and brick, two storeys. Several brick edged windows since narrowed. Small window at north end west front, and at south end staircase window(?). East front masked by modern additions. No name displayed; informant says it is Ivy Farm, but the map marks
this name as opposite Sidestrand Church.
E. Rose (NAU), 14 March 1978.
The name is in fact Ivy Farm Cottages. (S1) describes as 16th/17th century. (S1) notes on interior a masonry chimneypiece with Tudor arch, flat pediment with Prince of Wales Feathers. Several original doors and frames. External brick staircase now from first to attic floors only. Grade II.
E. Rose (NAU), 8 August 1989.
17 January 2012. Planning Application.
Alterations to rear elevation to provide a first floor bathroom and bedroom. Installation of dormer windows along with a conservatory and store.
See (S2) for further details.
Z. Dack (HES), 20 December 2012.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1540 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Unpublished document: Yardley, C.J.. 2011. The Mun Valley: Historic landscape Assessment and Landscape Character Assessment for Norfolk Coast Project.. p 12. |
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|<S2>||Unpublished document: 2012. Planning application.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...