|Type of record:||Building|
An early 17th century brick farmhouse with 19th century alterations. The house has 17th century windows and brickwork.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 8200 2753|
|Parish:||WEST RUDHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Long 3 storey north to south building, with on east 2 storey 2 bay porch wing with 2 doors, one with 17th century surround.
In the lower two storeys north of the porch is much herringbone brickwork and flint, and blocked windows, but top storey is Georgian.
However north gable wall has the old work up to the top window.
South of the porch most of the visible material is Georgian.
E. Rose (NAU) 20 February 1978.
(S1) agrees 2 storey 17th century building with top storey added and 2 storey wing built on about 1800.
North gable upper window presumably originally for attic level.
Garden front has 17th century fire window at north on ground floor and off centre 2 storey about 1600 stairs gable.
17th century brick rusticated angles.
E. Rose (NAU) 28 October 1985.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. pp 769-770. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1342346. |
Related records - none
Find out more...