|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||St Mary's Hall, Church Road|
This 16th century gatehouse and stable range has various 19th-20th century additions, forming a house of brick with angle buttresses and finials of 1864. It was once part of a Hall that was demolished in 1800 and the interior of the stable block was remodelled as a ball room in the 19th century.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 5845 1451|
|Parish:||WIGGENHALL ST GERMANS, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
16th century gatehouse and stable range with various 19th-20th century additions.
See report and newspaper cuttings (S1) and (S2) in file.
E. Rose (NAU) 16 June 1983.
- GATEHOUSE (16th Century to 18th Century - 1540 AD? to 1740 AD?)
- GREAT HOUSE (16th Century to 18th Century - 1540 AD? to 1740 AD?)
- STABLE (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1540 AD? to 2100 AD)
- PARK (19th Century to 21st Century - 1860 AD to 2100 AD)
- HOUSE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1864 AD? to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
- Listed Building
- Listed Building
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: TF 5814A-C. |
|---||Unpublished Document: Norfolk County Council. [unknown]. Inventory of Historic Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in Norfolk.. Vol 2. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 780. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 1982. St Mary's Hall. 3 September. |
|<S2>||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 1988. [Sale advertisement for St Mary's Hall, Wiggenhall St Mary]. 9 September. |
|MNO2448||Related to: Stable block & ballroom St Mary's Hall Church Road WIGGENHALL ST M VIRGIN (Revoked)|
Find out more...