|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of Church of St Martin, Overstrand|
The site of the medieval church of St Martin which, along with much of the rest of the parish, was washed away by the sea in 1399.
Images - none
|Parish:||NORTH SEA, -, NORFOLK|
The original Overstrand church was washed away by the sea in 1399.
A new inland site was granted by Henry IV in his first year.
E. Rose (NAU), 26 January 1982.
Appropriate section from reference (S1) in file.
- CHURCH (Medieval to 14th Century - 1066 AD to 1399 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Monograph: Batcock, N. 1991. The Ruined and Disused Churches of Norfolk. East Anglian Archaeology. No 51. Microfiche 5:G12. No 201; p 54. |
Related records - none
Find out more...