|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and pot boilers and multi-period pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking here in 1987 and 1997 recovered various sherds of pottery dating to the Roman, Late Saxon, medieval and post medieval periods. This work also retrieved a small number of prehistoric flints and pot boilers.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 364 243|
|Parish:||STALHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
The cropmarks previously recorded under this number are now under NHER 49302.
Cropmark of small trapedzoidal enclosure.
Located by E. Rose (NAU) 17 January 1978.
Finds of Roman, Late Saxon, medieval, post medieval sherds and worked flints; originally stated to have been found on site NHER 8311, in 1997 stated by finder to have come from this site.
Record retained under both sites.
List in file.
Medieval and Georgian pottery reported. Not seen.
D. Gurney (NLA) 1 August 1997.
1997. Fieldwalking finds.
Five medieval unglazed sherds.
Two late medieval/transitional sherds.
Seven Lead Glazed Earthenware sherds (two rims).
W. Milligan (NCM) 17 February 1997.
1997. Surface finds.
Small flint scatter: two flakes, undiagnostic, one pot boiler.
Identified by P. Robins (NCM) January 1998.
Three Roman sherds.
K. Sussams (NCM) 21 January 1998.
1997 Surface finds.
Two prehistoric flints and pot boiler. Probably already reported.
See report in file. Identified by P. A. Robins (NCM).
A. Rogerson (NLA) 11 June 1999.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WORKED OBJECT (Undated)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT BOILER (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: TG 3624C-D,F. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...