|Type of record:||Find Spot|
An Iron Age coin, a Roman brooch, medieval pottery and coins, part of a 12th century dog leash and post medieval coins found during fieldwalking and metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||Not displayed|
|Parish:||MORLEY, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
October 1977. On ploughed surface.
5 sherds of unglazed medieval pottery, 12th to 13th century, including 1 jar rim sherd.
1992. Metal detecting finds.
Iron Age Iceni Av. Quarter stater.
Polaroid in file. Photo NAU.
2 medieval pennies.
James I twopence.
See lists in file.
J. Davies (NCM) 17 December 1992.
Roman Dolphin type brooch, plain bow with D-shaped section. 1st century AD.
Scottish medieval coin.
See list in file.
Identified by J. Davies (NCM).
12th century dog-leash swivel loop, one ring and dragon heads with a 'bezel' between, with sheared off shank which once engaged with pieced hole on another similar ring.
Identified by S. Margeson (NCM)
A. Rogerson (NLA) 2 March 1994.
- FINDSPOT (Late Bronze Age to Post Medieval - 800 BC to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HARNESS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...