|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Old Manor, Wood Lane (Tuttington)|
This early 17th century lobby entrance house has been heavily altered. It has a timber frame with a roughcast and colourwashed exterior. The fenestration is entirely 20th century in date except for one 3-light iron-framed casement on the east side. The axial chimneystack is offcentre with three diagonally-set linked shafts. The gables are parapeted with brick tumbling and the butt purlin roof has been partly rebuilt.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2175 2526|
|Parish:||BURGH AND TUTTINGTON, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
Early 17th century lobby entrance house, basically complete but much altered.
See report (S1) in file.
Architect's drawings (S2) in file.
E. Rose (NAU) 3 February 1986.
Timber-frames house with a thatched roof and a modern pebble-dashed exterior. The gable-ends are masonry replacements in the 18th and 19th centuries. The house has an off-centre axial stack with an original winding stair to the east. The house would originally have been a lobby entrance house. The suggested dates for the building are circa 1640 for the north end and circa 1660 for the parlour bay. Permission has been sought to remove a stud partition, which was inserted at an indeterminate date to provide a pantry.
See (S3) for further details,
H. White, (NLA), 5 March 2010
- HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1600 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: Rose, E.. 1986. Building Report.. |
|<S2>||Graphic material: Various. Various. Architectural plans.. |
|<S3>||Unpublished document: Heywood, S.. 2010. S. Heywood report, Status of stud partition in the north west corner, The Old Manor, Burgh- Next- Aylsham.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...