|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period finds, Schwabe's Pightle|
A Neolithic flint flake and Roman pottery fragments were found in 1977. A prehistoric flint flake and the mechanism of a post medieval musket were recovered from the same place in 1993.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9711 4281|
|Parish:||STIFFKEY, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Roman sherds and a Neolithic flake found by the late P.L.K.Schwabe who told E. Rose (NAU), 25 August 1977.
1993. Found in same plot. Struck flint flake on surface. Buried at some depth, mechanism of musket. Finder .
Flint seen by E. Rose (NLA) at Norfolk Show 1 July 1993. Undatable prehistoric but probably part of same scatter as that reported by Schwabe.
Earlier owners of property are said to have collected guns, hence presumably the musket.
E. Rose (NLA), 2 July 1993.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FIREARM (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...