|Type of record:||Building|
A flint and brick house, a carved stone bears a date of 1635. The house contains reused medieval masonry, which almost certainly came from Binham Priory, NHER 2081.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9774 4012|
|Parish:||BINHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Flint with brick windows: central stone bears carved date 1635.
Below is a now unrecognisable carved stone.
The quoins are of stone, one set now isolated in the wall by a later extension. One stone block has a sloping socket.
Almost certainly the stone is from Binham Priory, reused. No other house in the street appears to have any.
Visited E. Rose (NAU) 25 August 1977.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Slide: Various. Slide. |
Related records - none
Find out more...