|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||West Newton Club|
A 19th century half timbered house on a carrstone base, with tall brick chimneys. It is inscribed with the Prince Of Wales' feathers and other devices and is a typical example of a Victorian estate building in the area.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6970 2757|
|Parish:||SANDRINGHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
West Newton House on Ordnance Survey. 1873.
Half-timbered on carrstone base. Multi-gabled. Tall brick chimneys. Inscribed with Prince of Wales's feathers and other devices. Can be taken as a typical example of the Victorian estate building of this area.
Seen by E. Rose (NAU), 26 May 1977.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N and Wilson, W. 1999. Norfolk 2: North-West and South. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 767. |
|3272||Part of: Sandringham House (Building)|
|30486||Part of: Sandringham Park (Monument)|
Find out more...