|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of World War Two searchlight and anti-aircraft gun emplacement|
The site of a searchlight and anti-aircraft gun emplacement, in use between 1939 and 1945. The buildings have now gone, but their foundations can still sometimes be seen as cropmarks.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 672 021|
|Parish:||WEST DEREHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of searchlight and anti-aircraft gun emplacement 1939 to 45.
Foundations and cropmarks still appear according to the farmer.
Seen by E. Rose (NAU), 18 May 1977.
RAF air photograph shows searchlight battery structures still in existence, three adjacent circular enclosures with three more individual ones to east.
B.Cushion (NLA), 8 January 1998.
- ANTI AIRCRAFT BATTERY (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- BUILDING (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- SEARCHLIGHT BATTERY (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...