|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman to post medieval pottery sherds|
In 1976 a sherd of Roman, a sherd of Late Saxon and a sherd of medieval pottery were recovered here by a farmer. The site was later visited, but only a scatter of 18th-19th century sherds and brick were noted, along with one early medieval ware pottery sherd.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 985 280|
|Parish:||STIBBARD, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Summer 1976. Found at apparently the same spot in mole-draining.
Sherd of Roman greyware lid, sherd of Late Saxon Thetford-type cooking pot rim, and medieval Grimston bodysherd.
Found by farmer.
Site visited by A. Rogerson (NAU) who found only a scatter of 18th-19th century sherds (not kept) also brick and one Early medieval ware sherd.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...