|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Medieval leper hospital|
The medieval leper hospital of Langwade was founded in the 13th century and dissolved in the late 14th century. Its location is unknown.
Images - none
|Parish:||COCKLEY CLEY, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
|OXBOROUGH, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
'At Langwade Cross', Langwade Leper Hospital. (S1).
Founded probably 13th century. Dissolved after 1380.
- LEPER HOSPITAL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TF 70 SE 6. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Medieval. Oxborough. |
|<S1>||Publication: Knowles, D. and Hadcock, R. N. 1971. Medieval Religious Houses of England and Wales. pp 324, 368. |
Related records - none
Find out more...