|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Mistletoe Cottage (Town House)|
This property was built in about 1750 for the poor of parish and was converted to two cottages for road menders when Pulham Workhouse was erected. It became a private residence in 1929 when it was converted into a single house. It has a thatched roof and timber frame with brick repairs. The property has been subject to recent alterations including the removal of the ovens and stairs.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 2050 9534|
|Parish:||TASBURGH, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Marlpit Lane or Marl Bottom Lane (listed as Tasburgh Hill).
Built in about 1750 for poor of parish, converted to two cottages for road menders when Pulham workhouse erected.
Became private in 1929 when made into one house. Thatched, timber framed repaired in brick.
Detailed history in file.
NARG survey 19 February 1976 in file.
Much altered at some date after survey - ovens and stairs removed, extended. Plans for further proposed alterations 1999 in file.
E. Rose (NLA) 30 April 1999.
- ALMSHOUSE (Post Medieval - 1750 AD to 1900 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (Post Medieval to Modern - 1750 AD to 2050 AD)
- HOUSE (Modern - 1923 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...