|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of Church Farm Farmhouse|
This is the site of a 16th and 17th century timber framed farmhouse that was demolished in the late 1970s. A survey was carried out on the derelict house, revealing that the eastern end dated to the early 16th century and the western end dated to the 17th century.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 0718 9994|
|Parish:||MORLEY, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Tall east section, timber framed with braces, probably late 16th century. West section, of poorer quality, also timber framed, probably late 17th century replacement of earlier portion of building.
Demolished after only preliminary survey.
(S1) in file.
- FARMHOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: RE 18-19. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Tolley, P.. 1976. NARG Survey of Church Farm Farmhouse, Morley St Botolph, Norfolk. March. |
Related records - none
Find out more...