Record Details

NHER Number:12094
Type of record:Building
Name:1, 2 and 3 The Street


A row of three 19th century brick and flint cottages with tie beams of untrimmed tree trunks. Inside are various interesting ovens and coppers.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TF 9148 1935
Map Sheet:TF91NW

Full description

19th century flint and brick terraced cottages.
Tie beam consists of untrimmed tree trunk. Interesting ovens, coppers, etc.

NARG survey 1976 (S1) and architectural plans (S2) in file.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
  • OVEN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.A.. 1995. TF9119/ADW - AED.
---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
---Secondary File: Secondary File.
<S1>Photograph: 1976. NARG Survey- various.
<S2>Illustration: Various. Various. Architectural plans.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2020 Norfolk Historic Environment Service