|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Multi-period finds from probable Roman field systems|
Fieldwalking recovered pieces of Iron Age, Roman, Early Saxon, medieval and post medieval pottery and metal working debris. These come from fields where cropmarks of probably Roman field systems are recorded (NHER 26613).
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6818 3217|
|Parish:||INGOLDISTHORPE, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
CROPMARKS AND EARTHWORKS PREVIOUSLY RECORDED UNDER THIS NUMBER ARE NOW RECORDED AS NMP SITE NHER 26613.
Roman, medieval pottery and slag found on western of two fields.
1981. Fieldwalking finds.
Iron slag, Samian ware, tile and coarse ware.
1983 to 1984.
Scatter of sherds. Iron Age, Roman, Early Saxon and post medieval. Phosphate survey.
See file for (S1) and full details.
E. Rose (NAU), 5 June 1985.
- FINDSPOT (Late Bronze Age to Post Medieval - 800 BC to 1900 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|26613||Related to: Probable Roman field system and droveways (Monument)|
Find out more...