|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Bronze Age beaker, prehistoric flints and multi-period pottery sherds|
In 1974 workmen digging a pipe trench here found part of an Early Bronze Age beaker. Subsequently, in 1983, a number of medieval and post medieval pottery sherds were recovered from the same site, along with prehistoric flints and fragments of post medieval clay pipes.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 2032 9593|
|Parish:||TASBURGH, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1974, 6 August. Found by workmen in pipe trench.
Approximately one S1/N2 beaker.
Information from member of the public .
A. Lawson (NAU) November 1974.
January/February 1983. Over surrounding field surface.
Green-glazed Grimston, late medieval/transitional, medieval sherds, post medieval sherds, clay pipes; some
struck flint. (Four flakes, one blade. Identified by F. Healy (NAU)).
Finds held by NCM, formerly by member of the public .
W. Milligan (NCM) 2 March 1983.
Report and illustration (S2) in file.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: HY26-31 (Trench), 30-37. |
|---||Illustration: Lawson, A.. 1974. Drawing of an Early Bronze Age beaker.. Film. 2:1. |
|---||Archive: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Neolithic. Tasburgh. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|---||Slide: Various. Slide. |
|<S1>||Article in serial: Lawson, A. J. 1975. A Beaker from Tasburgh, Norfolk. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XXXVI Pt II pp 183-184. |
|<S2>||Illustration: Finds Illustrations. |
Related records - none
Find out more...