Record Details

NHER Number:9910
Type of record:Monument
Name:Framingham Hall


Framingham Hall is shown at this spot on Faden's map of 1797. The woods within the park were laid out around 1805 by the Rigby family. It is possible that the hall was also rebuilt at this date. It was demolished in 1973.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TG 2715 0316
Map Sheet:TG20SE

Full description

Shown on (S1).

October 1977. Visit.
Demolished in about 1973. Local people say it was 'not too old'.
E. Rose (NAU), 26 October 1977.

(S2) states that the woods to the west of the parish, which were within the park of the Hall, were laid out by the Rigby family around about 1805. This may suggest a date for the rebuilding of the Hall.
E. Rose (NAU), 1987.

Monument Types

  • GREAT HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status


Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
<S1>Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797.
<S2>Leaflet: Cotton, S.. Guide to St Andrew's, Framingham Earl.. 2.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service