|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of post medieval brickworks|
The brickworks were working until 1938. They have been demolished. Metal detecting and fieldwalking recovered medieval to post medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 3874 2578|
|Parish:||INGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
January 1981. Visit.
Old brickworks. A kiln working here in 1938 was supposed to be 200 years old according to (S1). Now all apparently demolished and reclaimed for agriculture.
E. Rose (NAU), 15 January 1981.
Plan of site when working in file for NHER 16974.
1998 to 1999. Metal detecting and field walking.
One rim late medieval transitional.
One body sherd probably late medieval transitional.
One rim, one rod handle and two body sherds glazed red earthenware.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 16 September 1999.
Visible on the 6ins O.S. map 1957 (S2).
W. Arnold (HES), 28 Febuary 2011
- BRICKWORKS (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Archive: Bolingbroke Collection. |
|<S2>||Map: Ordnance Survey, First Edition, 6 Inch. 1879-1886. Ordnance Survey 1st Edition 6 inch map.. |
|<S3>||Archive: NIAS. Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society Records. |
Related records - none
Find out more...