|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Neolithics arrowheads and other implements, made of flint, found in 1936.
Images - none
Rev. Euston and J. Muse of Windermere found edge of flint axe from Shadwell.
Sandy Site type.
See (S1) and (S2).
R. R. Clarke (NCM)
Thetford stuff includes 3 leaf arrowheads 1 laurel leaf, 2 implements, 12 barbed and tanged arrowheads, 1 serrated flake.
E. Rose (NAU)
- FINDSPOT (Early Neolithic to Beaker - 4000 BC to 1700 BC)
- LAUREL LEAF (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LEAF ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- TRANSVERSE ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- BARBED AND TANGED ARROWHEAD (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Article in Serial: Clark, W. G. 1905. Remains of the Neolithic Age in Thetford District. Transactions of the Norfolk and Norwich Naturalists' Society. Vol VIII Pt 1 (for 1904-1905) pp 25-35. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Neolithic. Brettenham (Rushforth). |
|<S1>||Article in Serial: Clarke, W. G. 1895. Neolithic Man in Thetford District. Transactions of the Norfolk and Norwich Naturalists' Society. Vol VI Pt 1 (for 1894-95) pp 28-36. pp 25, 26, 32, 34. |
|<S2>||Publication: NAM 2nd ser.. Pt 2. |
Related records - none
Find out more...