|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric and medieval finds|
A spread of medieval and post medieval pottery and a Neolithic flint scraper and several prehistoric worked flint flakes were found.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 102 373|
|Parish:||HEMPSTEAD, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Arable field with scrub south of Green Farm.
Spread of 14th to 15th century pot in a strip about 40m wide along south edge of road.
One thumbnail flint scraper and several flakes.
A. Rogerson (NAU), 8 October 1975.
The spread consisted of:
Thirty eight medieval unglazed.
Five glazed Grimston.
Two late medieval/transitional.
Three post medieval.
A. Rogerson (NAU), January 1982.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Serial: 1975. Council for British Archaeology Group 7 Bulletin of Archaeological Discoveries for 1975. No 22. p 8. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...