|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||The Old Buttery|
A 19th century ornamental dairy, now converted into a house. Originally one storey tall, a second storey was added during the conversion.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 90139 98644|
|Parish:||MERTON, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Located by Home Farm, to northwest of Merton Park (NHER 30516).
Former dairy, now converted into house. Originally a rustic building. Probably built in 1847 or just after.
Roof formerly thatched, now pantiled. Formerly had tree trunk supports to eaves of encircling verandah; replaced with straight sawn timber posts. Upper storey added, pushed through original roof line.
Possibly built as a dower house; if so it is a late example.
Information from (S1), in file for NHER 8956.
D. Robertson (NLA), 26 June 2006.
- (Former Type) DAIRY (19th Century to Late 20th Century - 1847 AD to 1985 AD?)
- HOUSE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1847 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Article in Serial: Garnier, R.. 2004. Merton Hall.. Georgian Group Journal. Vol XIV, pp 131-166. p 155. |
|30516||Part of: Merton Park (Monument)|
Find out more...