|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Swan Inn and Town House, Mill Road|
This mostly later 18th century flint range with a thatched roof comprises a house and former shop and a pub. Some of the building may once have been part of the Trinitarian Priory (NHER 8220). There is a 19th century shop front which was rebuilt in the 20th century.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 39066 26072|
|Parish:||INGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
September 1987. Listed, Grade II.
Listing Description Excerpt:
"Later 18th century range comprising house and former shop and public house. Utilises fragments of former Trinitarian Priory which was situated immediately east. Flint with brick dressings and thatched roof. Two storeys. Swan rendered to façade."
Information from (S1).
Please consult the National Heritage List for England (S1) for the current listing details.
A. Cattermole (NLA), 5 April 2006. Amended J. Cullis (HES), 12 November 2019.
- (Former Type) PUBLIC HOUSE (18th Century to 19th Century - 1750 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- (Former Type) SHOP (18th Century to 19th Century - 1750 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- HOUSE (18th Century to 21st Century - 1750 AD to 2100 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Unpublished Document: 2011. Planning Application. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2017. [Articles on the fire at Swan Inn, Ingham]. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1172402. |
|8220||Parent of: Holy Trinity Church and site of Priory of St Mary and Holy Trinity, Ingham (Building)|
Find out more...