Record Details

NHER Number:43916
Type of record:Building
Name:Ivy House

Summary

This brick house and shop was built around 1700 as a house. It is a two storey structure organised in three bays.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TG 34032 17582
Map Sheet:TG31NW
Parish:HORNING, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

October 1972. Listed, Grade II.
Listing Description Excerpt:
"House, now house and shop. Around 1700. Brick with plain tile roof. Lobby entrance plan. Two storeys in three bays. Central door with flat brick pilasters to right and left with moulded block capitals, rebuilt late 20th century."
Information from (S1).
Please consult the National Heritage List for England (S1) for the current listing details.
A. Cattermole (NLA), 01 March 2006. Amended by P. Beers (HES), 04 June 2020.

April 2020. Minor Amendment to Listing.
The mapped location of this record has been corrected.
When Listed in October 1972, this record was located at TG 34127 17563. This incorrectly placed it near Wayside, Mill Loke. It has been moved approximately 96m to the WNW of this point and is now located at TG 34031 17582, Ivy House, Lower Street.
See Minor Amendment notification (S2) for further details.
P. Beers (HES), 04 June 2020.

Monument Types

  • LOBBY ENTRY HOUSE (17th Century to 21st Century - 1700 AD to 2100 AD)
  • SHOP (19th Century to 21st Century - 1900 AD to 2100 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 562.
<S1>Designation: Historic England. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1049944.
<S2>Designation: Historic England. 2014-present. National Heritage List for England Minor Amendment Notification. Notification. DNF7067, List Entry 1049944, 22 April 2020.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2022 Norfolk Historic Environment Service