|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of St Edmund's Church, Foulden|
St Edmund's church was the mother church of All Saints (NHER 4826). It was probably abandoned by 1550 because of its location some distance from the village. Very little is left of the building. Several lumps of flint masonry have been recorded at the site.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 7548 9882|
|Parish:||FOULDEN, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Ordnance Survey Antiquity.
E. Rose (NAU).
Removed from list of listed buildings 1985 as demolished.
Information from Norfolk County Council.
E. Rose (NAU), 4 April 1986.
- CHURCH (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Batcock, N. 1991. The Ruined and Disused Churches of Norfolk. East Anglian Archaeology. No 51. Microfiche 5:G12. No 119; p 53. |
|---||Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TL 79 NE 1 . |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Medieval. Foulden. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...