Record Details

NHER Number:43104
Type of record:Building
Name:The Rectory


This rectory was built in 1788 for the Reverend J. Alderson. The red brick building has a black pantiled roof. It was extended in late 19th century to the east. There is a 19th century iron pergola on the southern end of the west elevation.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TG 20068 22406
Map Sheet:TG22SW

Full description

Rectory built in 1788 for the Reverend J. Alderson. Red brick with black pantiled roof. 'L'-shaped plan of two storeys, with canted bay to left of west elevation. Extended in late 19th century to east, forming double pile east wing and further east wing.
For further information see list description and (S1).
A. Cattermole (NLA), 1 February 2006.

Monument Types

  • VICARAGE (18th Century to 21st Century - 1788 AD to 2100 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England.
---Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 547.
<S1>Unpublished Document: Marsham, A.F.. A History of Hevingham..

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service