|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Late Bronze Age, Roman and medieval finds|
Metal detecting recovered a Late Bronze Age socked hammer, a Roman duck brooch, one Roman and two medieval coins.
|Grid Reference:||TL 82 88|
|Parish:||LYNFORD, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
July 2004. Metal detecting in forest.
One Roman and two medieval coins.
Roman duck brooch.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 5 October 2004.
Before 30 May 2006. Metal detecting.
Late Bronze Age socketed hammer (S1) found near northwestern corner.
See description in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 3 July 2006.
- FINDSPOT (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HAMMER (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Gibbons, J.. 2006. Drawing of a Late Bronze Age socked hammer.. Film. 1:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...