|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period finds scatter|
Metal detecting in 2004 recovered many metal finds including one medieval and one post medieval coin and a Late Saxon strap end from this site. A medieval coin weight depicting St Michael spearing a dragon used by the Antwerp mint between 1550 and 1620 was also found.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 95 20|
|Parish:||BEETLEY, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
|BRISLEY, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
August/September 2004. Metal detecting.
1 medieval and 1 post medieval coin.
Late Saxon strap end.
Medieval, post medieval and undatable metal objects, including buckles, weights and jettons.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 6 October 2004.
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon to 19th Century - 851 AD to 1900 AD)
- WEIGHT (Unknown date)
- STRAP END (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN WEIGHT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- JETTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
Related records - none
Find out more...