|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman and Late Saxon to medieval/post-medieval finds|
Metal-detecting in 2003 and 2015 recovered Roman, Late Saxon/medieval and medieval pottery sherds; Roman and medieval coins and Late Saxon to medieval/post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include a Late Saxon/medieval strap fitting; a medieval mount or binding and a medieval/post-medieval buckle.
|Grid Reference:||TG 39 26|
|Parish:||INGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
February 2003. Metal detecting. .
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 31 March 2003.
April-May 2015. Metal-detecting. .
4 Roman pottery sherds.
1 Late Saxon/medieval pottery sherd and strap fitting.
5 medieval pottery sherds, 1 coin and a mount or binding.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 1 June 2015.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon to Medieval - 851 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Late Saxon to Medieval - 950 AD to 1100 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon to 12th Century - 1000 AD to 1200 AD)
- MOUNT (Medieval to 13th Century - 1100 AD to 1300 AD)
- COIN (12th Century - 1180 AD to 1185 AD)
- POT (12th Century to 14th Century - 1200 AD to 1400 AD)
- BUCKLE (15th Century to 16th Century - 1500 AD to 1600 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|14190||Related to: 'Moated Hill' (Monument)|
Find out more...