|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and Late Saxon, medieval and post-medieval pottery|
Fieldwalking recovered flint blade of possible Mesolithic or Early Neolithic date, an undatable prehistoric flint flake, and fragments of Late Saxon, medieval and post-medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 84454 17220|
|Parish:||LEXHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Before 9 May 2002. Fieldwalking.
Examination of narrow strip north of road and in south-west corner of field.
Utilised flint blade of possible Mesolithic/Early Neolithic date.
Undatable small flint flake.
Two sherds of Late Saxon Grimston Thetford pottery.
Seventeen medieval pottery sherds (unglazed rim sherd, ten unglazed body sherds and six sherds of glazed Grimston ware)
Two post-medieval pottery sherds.medieval and post medieval sherds.
See file for list and flint identifications by P. Robins (NCM).
A. Rogerson (NLA), 18 September 2002.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Mesolithic to Early Neolithic - 10000 BC? to 3001 BC?)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- BLADE (Early Mesolithic to Early Neolithic - 10000 BC? to 3001 BC?)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...