Record Details

NHER Number:37412
Type of record:Building
Name:Daubeney Hall Farm, Sharrington


A house existed on this site before 1600, but nothing can be seen of it now. The current farmhouse dates from about 1600 at its southern end; it appears to have been rebuilt in the 18th century and heightened in the 19th century. It has whitewashed brick walls and a pantiled roof.
The farmhouse has an attached barn to its south. This of brick, and dates to about 1770. It has some slabs of reused medieval limestone, probably from a church.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TG 03131 36805
Map Sheet:TG03NW

Full description

January 1984. Listed, Grade II.
Listing Description Excerpt:
"House. 17th century core with 19th century details. Whitewashed brick walls with red pantiled roof. Two storey lobby-entrance plan. Ground floor and first floor with 3 sashes with glazing bars. Two boarded doors, 19th century estate plaque over that at north. Brick and flint north gable, and rere."
Information from (S1).
Please consult the National Heritage List for England (S1) for the current listing details.
Amended by P. Beers (HES), 19 June 2020.

Farmhouse with south end of about 1600, flint and brick with moulded beams, apparently added to an older house rebuilt in the 18th century and heightened in the 19th.
Barn of about 1770 with reused medieval stone slabs.
(S2) in file.
E. Rose (NLA), 4 November 2002.

Monument Types

  • BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
  • FARM (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
  • HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds

  • ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Secondary File: Secondary File.
<S1>Designation: Historic England. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1305934.
<S2>Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 2002. Building Report.. Building Report.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service