|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Metal detecting and fieldwalking in an area east of Brumstead Common recovered a wide range of artefacts dating from the prehistoric to the post medieval periods. Finds include a Late Neolithic to Early Bronze Age flint thumb nail scraper, fragments of medieval pottery and post medieval tobacco pipe stems.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 36 26|
|Parish:||BRUMSTEAD, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Pre 14 March 1996. Fieldwalking.
Found at :
1 undated prehistoric retouched/utilised flint flake.
Identified by P. Robins (NCM), see description in file .
P. Watkins (HES), 20 July 2016.
March 2000. Field walking.
Walking in transects in field on east side of Brumstead Common.
See (S1) and finds list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA).
April 2003. Metal detecting.
Site extended (see (S2) for original extent).
In area centred .
Undatable prehistoric worked flints.
Post medieval sherds.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 29 May 2003.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- BORER (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- RETOUCHED FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- THUMB NAIL SCRAPER (Late Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 3000 BC to 1501 BC)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BRICK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- PIPE (SMOKING) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|<S2>||Map: NHER. 1:10000 Hard Copy HER Map. Permatrace. |
Related records - none
Find out more...