|Type of record:||Find Spot|
A Roman silver coin, an oval medieval buckle frame, a medieval horse harness pendant, a post medieval jetton, two post medieval buckle frames and a post medieval button were found here by a metal detectorist.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 04 21|
|Parish:||FOXLEY, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
February/ March 1999. Metal detecting. Finds from three small fields.
Much late post medieval metalwork and coins.
One Roman silver coin (from south end).
Post medieval jetton.
Corroded remains of oval medieval buckle frame with off set narrowed bar (now largely missing) and projection at pin rest. Now rather bent. Some gilding survives.
Identified by H. Geake (NCM).
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 12 April 1999.
August to September 1999. Metal detecting.
Medieval and post medieval metal finds.
See list and (S1) in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 13 October 1999.
December 2002/January 2003. Metal detecting.
One find only:
Early post medieval copper alloy button, circular (diameter 13mm) with central boss with nipple within radiating engraved lines, elongated pierced lug on reverse.
Identified by S. Ashley (NLA).
A. Rogerson (NLA), 6 February 2003.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HARNESS PENDANT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUTTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- JETTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Ashley, S. 2002. Medieval Armorial Horse Furniture in Norfolk. East Anglian Archaeology. No 101. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Finds Illustrations. |
Related records - none
Find out more...