|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of Harpley Hall|
Harpley Hall was knocked down in 1959 or 1960. It is thought to have belonged to Guy's Hospital before it was demolished. The date of building and appearance of the hall are uncertain. Modern houses now stand on the site.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 7875 2614|
|Parish:||HARPLEY, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
20 July 1977. Visit. Harpley Hall.
Pulled down before 1960. Modern house belonging to Weasenham Farms stands on site. No information as to date or appearance of hall.
E. Rose (NAU), 20 July 1977.
According to the Strutt and Parker sale details for the modern house in 1998, the old hall was demolished in 1959 and was owned by Guy's Hospital.
E. Rose (NAU), 20 April 1998.
- GREAT HOUSE (Unknown date)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: TF7826 A,D-F. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...