|Type of record:||Find Spot|
A Roman brooch, a Roman coin, a medieval button, a medieval coin and part of a post medieval sundial, found by metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 16 17|
|Parish:||FELTHORPE, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
1996. Metal detecting finds.
Roman coin. See list in file.
Dolphin brooch with hinged pin mechanism. Lower bow, pin and catchplate missing. Wide tubular wings and upper bow have transverse moulded decoration, perhaps with white metal inlay/coating. Second half of 1st century AD.
Identified J. Davies (NCM) and H. Geake (A&E).
H. Geake (A&E) 13 November 1996.
1997. Metal detecting finds.
Medieval coin. See list in file.
Post medieval ring sundial fragments, brass. Details in file.
V. Fryer (NCM) 7 May 1997.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BUTTON (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- SUNDIAL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...