|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Metal detecting recovered a 1st or 2nd century AD Roman trumpet-shaped brooch, a medieval lead token made between 1200 and 1425 and an early post medieval lead seal with a portcullis in relief.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 35 18|
|Parish:||HORNING, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1996. Metal detecting finds.
Roman trumpet brooch, head and pin missing. Acanthus decoration on central bow. 1st/2nd century AD.
Medieval, English lead token, about 1200 to 1425. Obverse lattice pattern, reverse voided cross.
Early post medieval lead seal with portcullis in relief, possibly part of a cloth seal. ?Elizabethan.
Identified by J. Davies (NCM) and S. Margeson (NCM).
H. Geake (NCM), 11 November 1996.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- TOKEN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- SEAL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...